How Danella is Responding to the Covid-19 Crisis
Danella has always and will always put the health and safety of people first. Although Covid-19 has necessitated new, ever-changing means of protecting our employees, our customers, and the places where we work and live, that commitment remains strong.
Since the beginning of March 2020, we have been vigilantly monitoring the pandemic and following recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local governments. Danella is classified as an essential, life-sustaining business, and as such, we have continued to operate throughout the pandemic with numerous precautions and preventative measures in place. We continue to carefully monitor the evolving situation and adjust our response as needed.
You can find the full scope of Danella’s response on our website, under Health and Safety Commitment. This page is updated as the situation changes. Below is a summary of procedures currently in place:
- Temperature checks each morning. Fevers are among the early symptoms of Covid-19. To reduce the risk of a carrier spreading the virus, all Danella employees have their temperature taken every morning before they begin working. Any employee with a temperature above 100.0 degrees is sent home.
- Daily Covid-19 questionnaires. In addition to temperature checks, all Danella field and office personnel complete a mandatory Covid-19 questionnaire each morning before work. If a response indicates the possibility of infection, the employee is sent home and Danella leadership is notified immediately.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Face masks are mandatory for all Danella employees across all office locations and job sites. Since the risk of discomfort and heat-related illness increases when wearing masks, job site employees are being provided with approved cooling bandanas and other heat safety solutions.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning solutions in quick reach. Hand sanitizers and other sanitation solutions are abundant on Danella job sites and in offices. Whenever possible, we source these products locally.
- Increased sanitization in common use buildings and areas. Common use building areas, including bathrooms, are being sanitized with increased frequency. Office staff are required to sanitize their work areas daily.
- Vehicle and tool sanitization and standards. Danella vehicles and commonly used tools are also sanitized daily. Whenever feasible, company vehicles are limited to one occupant at a time. Danella employees are asked to avoid switching vehicles whenever possible.
- Tightened rules for illness. Anyone feeling ill is required to stay at home (or leave work early) and must present a doctor’s note before returning.
- Return-to-work criteria. Employees with suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19 must have clearance from a doctor before returning to work and must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test. A minimum of 14 days must have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Social distancing whenever possible at all locations and job sites. Except when required by emergency or in-progress work, job crews must do their best to stay six feet apart.
These are unprecedented times. Danella appreciates the patience of customers and communities as we do our best to deliver solutions that prioritize the health of all people. Learn more about our ongoing response on our website. If you have questions, email email@example.com or call us at 610.828.6200.