At the time of writing this article, the United States has seen almost 30 million COVID-19 cases and over 542,000 deaths.
The year 2020 was a difficult one for our communities; not only did we see tremendous job loss, but most of the country has experienced the loss of a loved one to COVID-19. Danella is no different; we know friends, family, and loved ones that have passed from this virus. But as we continue to operate as an essential business, we are finding new ways to operate and continue to put our employees’ health and safety first. The commitment remains strong.
When the pandemic was first announced one year ago in March, our operations began to monitor and follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our work is that of an essential, life-sustaining nature, meaning we needed to evolve and respond to the ever-involving influx of information.
Danella continues to engage in the following procedures and is working to implement additional measures when needed:
- Daily Temperature checks are still being used as one of the first signs of COVID-19 could be a fever. Every workday morning, each employee is requested to take their temperature. Those above 100.0 degrees are sent home.
- Daily COVID-19 Questionnaires are in place with all aspects of our workforce to help identify potential infection if an employee exhibits any symptoms.
- Face masks must be worn at all times and are worn across all office locations and job sites.
- All locations have access to cleaning solutions and hand sanitizers to assist with ensuring jobsite sanitation.
- Regular daily sanitation of office locations, vehicles, and materials continues to be part of our routines.
- Any employee feeling sick is asked to stay home and present a valid negative test before returning to the workplace.
- Social distancing is completed whenever possible in the office and job sites unless an emergency occurs, dictating closer contact.