Tamping is critical to correcting proper track geometry, removing existing faults in the track and eliminating voids under the ties to distribute loads uniformly onto the ties. But what do you do when you have a track section that’s too big for manual corrections but too small to justify large machinery?
As the North American rental partner for ROBEL, Danella has exclusive access to the first ROMITAMP Tamping Machine on the continent. This machine with its lifting, and lining capabilities is a perfect solution for small production or spot tamping projects. The combination of rubber tires along with rail wheels and remote control makes it an easy one-man operation to deploy on track.
At Danella we understand your rail equipment needs and are always working to deliver for you. The Robel ROMITAMP Tamping Machine fills a need, effectively and efficiently maintaining track in today’s ever challenging maintenance of way environment. As with all Danella equipment and vehicles, it is designed to allow you to work safely and efficiently on the track. Danella backs every vehicle with superior maintenance and service for outstanding performance,”
– Steve Bolte, Danella’s Vice-President of Business Development for North America
ROMITAMP Tamping Machine
The ROBEL Tamping Machine is a compact tamping machine that delivers precise, high-quality tamping of track sections for high-quality ballast compaction.
- Quality: Delivers homogenous ballast compaction with the proven asynchronous pressure vibration tamping system, ideal for poor ballast conditions.
- Fully automated tamping process reduces need for manual follow up work.
- Efficient: Corrects track geometry in a short time. Linear control allows for a precise motion sequences of the tamping units.
- Tamps in both directions
- Operator‘s seat with all of the controls located immediately behind the tamping unit.
- Flexible: Compact design is easy to transport by road, with rubber tire remote control operation ideal for loading and unloading on trucks.
- Reliable: High wear resistant armor material with pressure plates maximizes tamping tine life.
- Fast: Rapid deployment with an integrated on/off tracking device.
- Bio-degradable hydraulic oil tank with line filters on both intake and return line.
- Additional LED work lights on all sides.
- Economical: Low maintenance costs.
- Convertible to different track gauges.
- Switch tamping unit for treatment of switch and crossings.
- Air-conditioned cab for greater operator comfort.
- Combined lift and lining function in one tamping pass. Hydraulic lifting cylinders with max. lifting 900 mm, lateral displacement +/- 100mm, depending on structure gauge. Allows for staff savings compared to manual methods of lifting and lining track.
- Function upgrades are possible with “bolt-on” optional modules.
- On and off tracking unit. Integrated on and off tracking unit – parallel to direction of operation and on all different track surfaces. Allows fast on/off tracking allowing increased track availability. On/off tracking under overhead line possible.
- Rubber coated wheels for easy unloading without risk of damage. Short transit on asphalt is possible.
Danella services and maintains its equipment and vehicles according to specific guidelines for reliable performance and safe operation in tough railroad environments.
Interested in renting the ROMITAMP Tamping Machine for your small production or spot tamping project? Contact Steve Bolte at firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more about the ROMITAMP Tamping Machine and request a rental quote here.